The Ohashi Collection chopsticks are made of a saturated polyester resin (PBT, Polybutylene terephthalate resin) which is a highly durable thermoplastic. Unique colours and designs have been infused during the crafting process. The chopsticks have been coated with a urethane coating commonly used in wood and plastic cutlery. They can last up to 10 times longer than traditional wooden chopsticks depending on the usage and maintenance.
Usage and care information for the Ohashi Collection Chopsticks
- Please wash your new chopsticks before first use.
- The chopsticks are dishwasher, microwave and dryer (steriliser) safe.
- The chopsticks have a temperature tolerance of up to 200 degrees Celsius, except those with an extra natural lacquer coating, which have a temperature tolerance of up to 160 degrees Celsius. This is indicated on the product page.
- Avoid using hard scrubbers or hard sponges for washing, as these may damage the coating over time.
- Due to the coating process during manufacturing, some chopsticks may display visible white markings around the curved neck. This is normal and not a defect, and will gradually fade through usage.