Easily make a rice sandwich, called 'Onigirazu' in Japanese, with these moulds without getting your hands sticky with rice. A useful item to have to vary your bento making routine! If you are looking for a different way to use rice, then this rice sandwich maker is for you! You can use almost any type of filling - a great way to use leftovers from dinner too!
The surfaces in contact with rice have been double embossed, creating tiny bumps to stop rice from sticking, making for an easy and time-saving experience.
- For best results, dip the mould in water prior to using.
- Lay the bottom mould on seaweed cut to size.
- Lay rice inside the mould, cover with the top mould and press hard to squeeze the rice into shape.
- Remove both top and lower layer at the same time to leave the rice on the seaweed.
- Add any desired filling to one side of the moulded rice.
- Flip over the other side to create your delicious rice sandwich.
- Made in Japan
- Total dimensions of mould: 20.5cm (L) × 11cm (W) × 2.5cm (H)
- Dimensions of moulded rice square: 6.7cm (L) x 6.7cm (W) x 2.0cm (H)
- Total item weight: 90g
- Material: PP (Polypropelene)
- Dishwasher safe
Product care and maintenance
- Wash prior to first use
- Wash with detergent and a soft sponge to remove any small rice particles.
- Avoid using hard sponges or scrubbers, as these may scratch the surface leading to rice sticking to the mould during use.
- If you find rice sticking more and more to the mould over time, immerse the mould in bleach for 15-30 minutes and wash thoroughly.
All of our items are stocked in and ships from Sydney. Orders are shipped within 2 business days, but are usually dispatched the same or next business day.
Flat rate shipping (outside of shipping offers):
- Standard (2-8 business days):
- $6 (orders under $30)
- $4.90 (orders over $75)
- Express (1-4 business days):
- $12 (orders over $75)
Unfortunately we do not offer free shipping at this time as we are still growing and most of our items are bulky. We hope to help our customers with free shipping in time.
We currently do not offer international shipping.
Thanks for your understanding and support!
More shipping information here.
- 30 day return policy for a refund due to change of mind, provided the item has not been opened or used. Shipping fees to be covered by the customer in these instances.
- We do individually check each item when it is packed. If for any reason there is a defect or an item is damaged during shipping, rest assured we will provide a full refund, or you can choose for a new item to be sent (please provide evidence of the damage). We cover shipping fees in this case.
More information on returns here.
How long does shipping take?
Orders are packed and shipped within 2 business days, although over 95% of our orders are packed and shipped within 1 business day.
Delivery times will then take between 2-8 business days for standard shipping (by Sendle or Australia post), or 1-4 business days for express Australia post shipping, depending on the carrier status. We currently do not ship internationally.
Where are our products sourced from?
Most of our bento boxes and other accessories are sourced and made in Japan to showcase the unique culture and the way bento is made and eaten in Japan. Some items are manufactured outside of Japan due to sourcing limitations, but our primary goal is to showcase designs, concepts and ideas that come from Japan. You will find the country of manufacture on all product pages.
Instructions are in Japanese, can I get help with it?
Yes of course. While the product page should already have instructions on usage, you can get in touch via our contact form to ask about anything unclear.
What if there is a defect?
If the product has a defect, we will happily exchange it. Please provide photo evidence and get in touch by replying to the order notification email, or via our contact form. We'll discuss instructions from there.
What is Majime Life about?
My name is Ken and I run this small business of wanting to introduce more Japanese bento culture into Australia. I'm based in Sydney, and I started this business during the pandemic after quitting my full-time job to find and fulfill something I am passionate about.
Is Majime Life a legitimate business?
Yes! I started this business in 2021 and growing it as an online store. All stock are imported directly into Sydney, and dispatched from Sydney. No dropshipping.
You can check out our google reviews by doing a quick google search.
It doesn't take up much storage space and it's light, easy to wash and a convenient and quick way to make onigirazu.
Thank you Joseph. We use it too sometimes in our household and it makes a nice and quick onigirazu.
Great quality, perfect size to make small parcels of bite size deliciousness!
Thank you! Hope it will help make lunch prep easy and at the same time.
What a great product makes making lunch so easy and a lot less messy, it’s very easy to use and to clean
Thanks alot Deeanna, and glad you found it useful! Hope it'll help with making bentos easier for a long time to come!